A black and shiny car commands respect and that’s the intention you had when you made that expensive purchase and pimping it up.
You do all you can to maintain its classy look and I understand the uurgh! feeling that you get when you spot a scratch anywhere in the paint or finish.
The fact is that harsh elements such as the sun, dust, and oxidation are ubiquitous and thus your car can never be free from their pressure.
If the scratch or peeling of paint does not warrant repainting, the best solution is re-waxing with an auto wax for black cars. The best car wax for black cars will cover the scratches resulting in a sleek shine while protecting the paintwork from the elements.
However, a word of caution is that they are many fake car waxes out there. Thus, we took the challenge to cut your chase by researching and testing until we found the best of them.
Without further ado, here’s a review of the best wax for black cars with scratches.
Coming up after the review is an actionable buyers’ guide and application steps.
10 Best Wax for Black Cars with Scratches
But which are the best three?
Black Light Finish- 16 Oz
Black Wax- 8 Oz
Super effective and long lasting. Customers’ best choice on Amazon.
12 Oz for each product
Deepest black shine and UV protection
Long lasting synthetic polymer protection
1. Chemical Guys HOL_201 Black Paint Maintenance Kit
Unlike other colors, maintaining black color at its best shine requires special treatment and Chemical Guys black paint assures a long lasting black glow.
- Quick and easy to apply
- Provides UV protection
- Wax can last up to 6 months
- High price
2. Turtle Wax T-3KT Black Box Kit-best car polish and wax for black cars
If like many others you have been wondering what to use to rekindle the sleek shine of your black car, then look no further than Turtle Wax Black Box. The all-in-one solution uniquely blends advanced ingredients to give you the industry’s deepest black shine.
- Advanced tinted pigment technology hides all surface blemishes
- All-in-one kit to condition, polish and wax your black car
- UV protection prevents fading
- Kit does not include car wash soap
- Some customers say that it is time-consuming to use
3. Meguiar’s G6207 Black Wax Paste
Meguiar’s G6207 Black Wax is a specially formulated wax that lets you take out the guesswork when it comes to waxing and polishing your black or dark-colored car.
- Combines car wax and polish
- Incredibly affordable
- Easy to remove, say from plastic trim
- The toothpaste-type of a tube is not convenient for squeezing the wax
4. Chemical Guys WAC_201_16 Butter Wet Wax-best black car wax for scratches
The Chemical Guys Butter Wet Wax is a new and advanced formula that delivers unparalleled shine and deep, wetly and longer lasting look compared to previous generations.
- Deeply penetrates any paintwork revealing the brightest shine
- Works well on other surfaces such as wheels, bumpers, windshield, etc
- Easy and fast to apply and remove
- Cannot be applied in the sun
- Some customers say that water beading stops too soon
5. Meguiar’s G7014J Gold Class Carnauba Plus Paste Wax
Automobile paint is constantly attacked by the degrading elements but nothing beats the deep shine of Meguiar’s G7014J Gold Class Carnauba wax.
- Water effectively beads off the finish
- Easy to apply and long lasting
- Holds up effectively under hot weather or moisture
- May streak plastic trim
6. Turtle Wax T-319 Black Spray Detailer-best spray detailer for black cars
Turtle wax best spray detailer for black cars is the best solution to prevent fading, oxidation, and degradation of your black auto paint.
- Effective for both paintwork and conventional finish
- Safe on plastic trim and black rubber
- Long lasting shine optimized for a black finish
- UV protection to prevent fading
- It takes longer to wipe
7. Pinnacle Natural Brilliance Souverän Paste Wax
If you are a perfectionist who wants nothing but a show car finish, then Souveran Paste Wax is your ultimate solution.
- Unparalleled 3D liquid depth and shine
- Formulated with premium grade Carnauba wax
- Easy to use and doesn‘t discolor windows or plastic trim
- High price
- Not as long lasting as synthetic polymers
8. Griot’s Garage 11029 Premium Carnauba Paste Wax-best scratch remover for black cars
True to their pursuit of perfection, Griot’s Garage has made a premium Carnauba wax protection that leaves a high gloss and the deepest finish on any auto paint.
- Long lasting protection
- Hydrophobic technology enhances water beading
- Easy to apply and fast curing
- Relatively higher price
9. CarGuys Liquid Wax – The Ultimate Car Wax Shine-best conditioner for black cars
Rated on Amazon, CarGuys liquid wax is a super effective auto wax that lets you dazzle the world with a crystal-clear reflection for months on end.
- Advanced and long-lasting synthetic polymer sealant
- Easy to apply
- Can be used on all types of vehicles, motorcycles, RVs, boats, etc
- Lifetime refund guarantee
- High price
- Some customers say that it can mess up the plastic trim
10. Surf City Garage 922 Black Edge Carnauba Wax
Let your car stand out in the parking lot with the ultimate shine of Black Edge Carnauba Wax.
- Premium formula creates the deepest shine possible
- Perfect for polishing plastic trim
- Some customers say that it is not as black as other black car waxes
Buyer’s guide for black car wax
You want your black vehicle to shine and remain streak or scratch free under all weather conditions. Only the best wax for black cars will fulfill this and you here’s what to look out for;
(i) The type of black car wax
A car wax can be any of these three forms; liquid, spray and paste. Each type is best for a particular kind of car and cleaning regimen.
The spray wax is the easiest to apply and leaves a great finish on many kinds of car surfaces. However, it is best for quick touch ups and does not last long.
Liquid wax is the best for a thorough cleaning and it dries fast. It is also durable.
Paste wax is very effective in hiding scratches and swirls. However, it takes time from squeezing it out of the tube to evenly spreading it on the car surface. It also takes time to dry.
(ii) The cleaning routine
For a quick touch up of a clean and recently detailed car, then a single spray wax may suffice since it is quick to apply and dries fast.
However, for a completely messed up vehicle, you would want to go for a black paint maintenance kit such as Chemical Guys HOL_201. This will help you polish the car, wax, and buff it for a deeper shine and protection.
(iii) UV protection
The sun’s radiation is the strongest source of fading and degradation of your car paint and you would want to get a car wax enhanced with UV protection.
(iv) Safety on plastic trim and rubber
Some car waxes leave ugly streaks on plastic trim and rubber when it lands on them. To avoid the hassle of covering these surfaces every time you want to wax your car, you can get wax that is safe for them
(v) Customer reviews
Genuine customer reviews on Amazon and other e-commerce sites is the ultimate evidence of whether the claims levied by manufacturers about their product features are true or not.
How to remove scratches from black car
Start by cleaning your car with car wash soap. If desired, use auto detailing clay bar to remove surface contaminants such as overspray and industrial pollutants.
Remove dried-on bugs and tar with a bug and tar remover. Rinse and let the car to dry completely.
Polish the car to remove fine scratches and swirl marks as well as providing UV protection to the paint and finish. Allow a few minutes for the polish to cure.
Apply the premium black wax using a power machine such as dual action or random orbital polisher or else by hand using a microfiber foam pad.
Let the wax penetrate into the paint by working it in a cross-hatch pattern. Once you’ve waxed a section, give it a couple of minutes to cure.
Apply a second coat of wax to ensure an even surface coverage as well as prolonged shine and protection.
Allow the second coat to cure in order to ensure streak-free buffing.
Please see this short video on how to wax your black car
Can WD 40 remove scratches on car?
The WD-40 Multi-Use Product can help remove light scratches such as scuff marks, where your vehicle rubs against another and is left with paint residue. But you will still need to polish the finish with car polish or wax.
The scratched area needs to be clean before spraying WD-40. Spray and wax the area repeatedly until the scuff is removed.
Scratches, swirl marks, and other blemishes are readily noticeable on a black-painted car. Re-waxing the vehicle with the best car wax for black cars from our review will make it shine as good as a new car in the showroom, redeeming the class and pride that you deserve.
1 thought on “10 Best Wax for Black Cars with Scratches (Top Secrets) in 2023”