Top 10 Best Baby Corner & Edge Safety Guards
As a parent of an infant, you are always happy when the baby starts to crawl, learns to stand by holding on items in the house and before you know it, he/she is wandering in the house.
Tracking the playing and exploring toddler becomes a hassle and you feel like you need two sets of eyes.
Child injuries and accidents involving slamming the head or limb on a furniture edge or corner, babies hitting head on floor, are a common occurrence and they happen in a split second.
And when they happen, your heart almost stops wondering what to do and where to start.
Getting one of our reviewed corner and edge covers will result in soft edges and corners around your house, giving you a childproof home. This peace of mind is an ultimate relief.
Without further ado, here is our comprehensive review of the best baby corner & edge safety guards for 2022.
Coming up after the review is installation and removal guide and a buyer’s guide for this safety product.
Top 10 best baby corner and edge safety guards for 2022
But which are the best 3 of these guards?
Best Furniture Corner Protectors
Editor's PickHere are our top 3 best baby corner and edge safety guards
Tested for health and performance safety
Weight: 9.9 oz.
Size: 2.36 x 0.90 x 0.31 inches
Pure, safe and high density
Weight: 1.2 oz.
Size: 1.2 x 1.2 x 2 inches
Premium quality, cute and versatile
Weight: 2.4 oz.
Size: 5.3 x 1.8 x 3.9 inches
1. Ellas Homes Corner Protectors
We know you don’t take risks when it comes to your baby’s safety at home and that’s why you need quality furniture corner & edge safety bumpers. Ellas Homes rubber corner bumpers are the number one choice for millions of American parents craving a safe and a hazard-free home for their kids. It is also rated on Amazon.
Weight: 2.4 oz. Size: 5.3 x 1.8 x 3.9 inches
- High quality and performance
- Aesthetic appeal
- Easy and fast installation
- Satisfaction guarantee
- Versatile: can be used as cabinet corner protectors, rubber bumpers for glass table tops, office desk corner guards and on the staircase
- They can’t stick on high gloss surfaces
- They are tiny and if not properly installed, kids can peel them off and choking becomes a real hazard.
2. Bébé Earth Edge & Corner Cushion Protection
Bébé Earth Edge and Corner safety foam by far exceeds many other contemporary corner bumpers in safety and performance and that’s why it is rated .
Weight: 9.9 oz. Size: 2.36 x 0.90 x 0.31 inches
- High-density foam rubber guard
- Latest technology of adhesive
- 40 ft of double-sided edge cushion tape and 8 pre-taped corner guards is one of the best deals at that price.
- The coffee brown color matches many shades of furniture
- Cannot be used on furniture with easily removable finish as it will peel off when removing the bumpers
- Does not stick for long on brick fireplaces
3. Roving Cove Edge Guards & Corner Bumper set
Roving Cove®, a New York registered trademark, is a seasoned company in this industry and their furniture safety guards are one of the safest and purest.
Comparison between Roving Cove rubber corner protectors and plastic corner safety guards
Weight: 1.2 oz. Size: 1.2 x 1.2 x 2 inches
- Safe and purest material
- Pre-taped corners and edges are easy to peel and stick
- High density for high impact protection
- It can easily peel off some surfaces and will require constant reinforcement
- Relatively pricey
4. The Hamptons Baby Caring Corner Protectors
The Hamptons baby have made cute and quality rubber corner protectors that let you solve the need to safeguard your kids and other loved ones against sharp edges and corners in the house without compromising your interior’s beauty.
Weight: 2.08 oz. Size: 6 x 5 x 1 inches
- Ball-shaped therefore effective
- Clean and transparent foam blends with furniture
- Easy to install and remove
- Wide use
- May be a child choking hazard if misplaced
- May be too small for some furniture corners
5. Rhoost Adhesive-free Corner Protector
Are you looking for coffee table corner protectors that don’t use adhesive?
Or you don’t trust that the other adhesive-based corner safety guards will come out without ruining your furniture finish?
If yes, then you need Rhoost, one of the few corner protectors without adhesive available.
Weight: 4 oz. Size: 2 x 2 x 0.5 inches (fits standard table of 0.25-1.5 inches thickness)
- Adhesive-free corner protector doesn’t ruin furniture finish
- Removable corner guards
- Quality and recyclable material
- The lone brown color may not match some furniture
- It can only be used on overhanging corners
6. Baby Mate Medical Grade Clear Baby Corner Guards
Your babyproof checklist shouldn’t miss Baby Mate safety corner guards are made with a doctor’s mind and they are as pure as the food your child eats.
Weight: 0.32 oz. Size: 1.2 x 1.2 x 1 inches
- Medical grade purity
- Ball-shaped to maximize the impact absorbed
- Specially made adhesive
- Easy to remove
- Cannot be used on painted surfaces
- Cannot be used outdoors
7. Willceal Baby Proofing Corner Guards
Willceal is a high-quality PVC corner baby proofing guard that gives you both the peace of mind and visual appeal.
- Incredibly affordable
- Purity of material
- Can be a choking hazard if a baby rips them off
- Does not stick on to rough textured surface
8. Sure Basics Soft Baby Proofing Edge & Corner Protectors
Are you worried about your fast growing kids bumping onto furniture corner and edges with a high impact in the house? Get yourself Sure Basics corner bumpers for babies and be sure about their safety.
Weight: 2.88 oz. Size: 5.7 x 5.4 x 1.7 inches
- Thick to absorb high impact
- Easy to install and remove
- Price friendly
- May damage delicate wood finish during removal
- Color may not match with some furniture finish
9. BUENAVO Vacker EXTRA THICKER Child Proofing Corner Cushion
If you need sturdy and easy to install edge and corner protector made with a non-toxic material, then Vacker edge and corner guards for babies is what you need.
Weight: 13.6 oz. Size: 14 x 14 x 2 inches
- Quality non-toxic and non-flammable material
- Quality and easily removable adhesive
- The cream white foam matches with most furniture shades
- Value for your money
- Easy to confuse with counterfeit safety bumper foams
- Adhesive may not hold on certain textures
10. Mom’s Besty Edge Cushion & Corner Guard Set
Mom’s Besty is a must have child edge and corner safety cushion that will save you the near heart stops that you get when your child hurts him/herself on sharp edges and corners in the house.
Weight: 8 oz. Size: 12.6 x 11.5 x 1.8 inches
- Premium quality
- Bonus ‘home baby proofing’ checklist
- Adhesive may peel finish from delicate surfaces
- Relatively pricey
Buyer’s guide for childproofing corner and edge bumpers
For the best experience with corner and edge safety guards, all you need is to ensure that the corner and/or edge protector of your choice matches your furniture or any other surface that you intend to baby proof. Here are the factors to consider
(i) The size of your corners or edges
Both corner and edge foam covers come in varying dimensions and you wouldn’t want to end up with something that’s too small or larger than your target surface. It is therefore wiser to take measurements such as the length and width of the edges and corners that you wish to cover.
(ii) Delicacy or roughness of your furniture finish
Some furniture finish is too delicate and will peel off when it comes into contact with some adhesive based baby saftey products. On the other hand, your furniture or wall finish may be too rough such that ordinary adhesive won’t hold. In such cases, you have to research the best adhesive for your type of furniture finish.
Alternatively, you would want to go for an adhesive-free table corner and edge protector
(iii) Health safety
Corner and edge guards are typically made of foam or rubber and for your kid, such material becomes an easy target for biting and chewing. You should therefore confirm that the ingredients of the baby proofing pads that you intend to buy do not pose a health hazard to your child.
(iv) Portability and versatility
You may need to safety proof furniture, baby proof wall corners, and other surfaces at your office, in school, business or any place other than the living room. To save on cost, it would be wise to go for removable corner guards and edge protectors.
(v) Destiny of foam
Some features seem to be mutually exclusive. You only get one by losing the other. A high-density foam pad may seem to cover the corner or edge better but it is still painful to knock over and it may be brittle. A soft baby corner and edge safety cover on the other hand may be softer to slam against but it may easily tear even when your child bites it.
(vi) Color matching
You spend a lot of time and effort matching your interior décor and so these tiny safety guards shouldn’t come to reverse this effort. It is worthwhile to go for a shade that goes together with your furnishing. Alternatively, you can go for clear corner and edge guards.
(vii) Customer reviews
Previous customers are the perfect ambassadors of a product as they have experienced the device and they have nothing to gain by overselling a corner or edge pad. Once you settle on a specific foam cover, head over to the customer reviews section on Amazon and check what gut feeling you will end up with about the product.
How to install baby proofing corner and edge guards
(i) Corner guards
Starting with the corner bumpers, wipe the targeted corner with a clean wet cloth and let the surface dry completely.
If not pre-taped, apply the strips of adhesive to the inner surfaces of the corner pad until they are fully covered. Peel the adhesive backing to expose the adhesive.
Pull back the edges of the corner in order to expose the center of the corner guard.
Place the bumper on the corner, bringing the innermost part of the guard to the corner first.
Smooth out the edges of the corner guard from the tip to the outer edges.
Press it in this position for 30 seconds.
Repeat these steps for the other corners.
(ii) The edge guards
Measure the lengths of cushion required for all edges and cut them into size.
Apply the roll of adhesive to cover the inner surfaces.
Starting with one edge, peel the adhesive backing to expose the adhesive film.
Stick the bumper to the furniture edge starting from one end as you press it with your hand.
Continue pressing for 30 seconds.
Repeat for all the other edges.
Finally, allow at least 24 hours before testing for full adhesion.
Please have a look at this short installation video
How to remove corner and edge safety guards
Place a fairly warm piece of cloth over the targeted corner or edge in order to soften the adhesive. Alternatively, a hair drier can be used to warm the safety guard.
Slowly and gently peel back the corner or edge protector until it is fully removed. Take caution not to deface the furniture.
Use your fingers to roll off any adhesive that remains.
Clean the surface with furniture polish or alcohol to remove any adhesive residue.
You don’t want to take chances when it comes to home safety. Each day counts and you don’t know when an accident or incident will happen. Therefore protect your kids, pets and the whole family from injuries in the house today!