After paint, glass is your vehicle’s second largest surface and it’s thus one of the first things people notice about your car.
Car windows and mirrors are exposed to all of the nature’s elements such as dust, rain, bugs, tree sap, bird poop, smoke and so on, and the mess really degrades the class you deserve.
The severed windshields also affect visibility, making your driving a risky adventure.
Routine cleaning with soap and water won’t help: crystal clear windows need a glass cleaner specially made to be tough on dirt but gentle on the glass material.
It is important to note that there are so many glass cleaners out there both good and bad, but finding the truly streak-free and no-residue best car window cleaner is tasking.
Read on to discover our tried and tested best window cleaner for cars in 2022.
10 Best Window Cleaner for CarsEditor's choice for the Best Window Cleaner for Cars
Best for all types of windows and mirrors
Best for both interior and exterior of auto windows
Cleaner- 16 Oz
Sealant- 4 Oz
Safe for delicate screens and tinted film
Non-drip formula safe for all surfaces
Best for all automobile and household glass
Ammonia-free and pleasant scent
Made from 100% natural essential oils
1. STONER INC Invisible Premium Glass Cleaner
Stoner invisible is a top notch no residue glass cleaner that won’t streak or scratch your car windshields no matter how dirty they are. The invisible window clarity left by this cleaner if one of the best available and that’s why it made it to the top position.
Amount: 22 fl oz.
- Cleans glass without leaving streaks, scratches or haze
- Best car window cleaner for all types of windows, glasses, and mirrors including tinted windows.
- Cleans all types of dirt
- Incredibly low price
- Some sensitive users haven’t liked its scent
- Not the best anti fog for car windows
2. SprayWay SW050-12 Window Cleaner
SprayWay has been in the business of glass cleaner manufacture since 1947 and this product’s quality is a testimony to the solid reputation they have built over the decades.
Amount: 19 fl oz.
- Tough on dirt but gentle to the glass natural film
- Fast acting and easy to use thus convenient for quick touch-ups
- Price friendly
- Does not provide the glass with a protective barrier
- The spray nozzle can easily crack when it falls
3. Chemical Guys CLD_202_16 Signature Series Glass Wash
Quality results need quality products and Chemical Guys is your perfect solution to streak-free glass, windshields, and mirrors. It is the first choice window cleaner for detailers across the country.
Amount: 16 fl oz.
- Non-toxic and ammonia free
- Safe for all types of windows, screens, and mirrors
- Popular among car detailers
- Best cleaner for inside car windows
- Repels dust and dirt build up
- Needs you to carry at least two microfiber towels
4. Meguiar’s G8224 Perfect Clarity
Maintaining clean and clear auto windshields doesn’t have to be an arduous task and Meguiar’s G8224 Perfect Clarity Glass Cleaner guarantees to keep your glass surfaces cleaner for longer, thus reducing the time you spend on car care.
Amount: 24 fl oz.
- Fast acting and streak-free to all kinds of glass
- Tough on all kinds of dirt
- Provides longer lasting clarity
- Relatively pricey
- Doesn’t give the best results in humid weather
5. Hope’s Perfect Glass Wash
Hope’s Perfect is a streak-free glass cleaner that lets you avoid the frustrations of generic window cleaners that leave behind haze and residue.
Amount: 67.6 fl oz.
- 100% streak-free
- Safe on tinted film and device screens
- No major issue to report
6. Adam’s Perfect Vision Window Cleaner & Sealant Combo
Cleaning windows every now and then is boring but with Adam’s Perfect Vision Glass Cleaner and Sealant Combo, windshields will become your favorite part of car cleaning routine.
Amount: Adam’s Glass Cleaner-16 fl oz.
Adam’s Glass Sealant- 4 oz
- Combines cleaner and polish
- Excellent for all types of glass and clear plastic
- Safe for delicate screens and tinted film
- Sealant improves water beading
- Polish doesn’t last for long
7. 3M 08888 Glass Cleaner
3M is renowned for high quality products and this aerosol cleaner quickly dissolves to cut through dirt, smudges and bug splatter revealing the crystal clarity that your car windshields deserve.
Amount: 19 fl oz.
- Fast acting and powerful for all kinds of dirt
- Non-drip formula that clings even on vertical surfaces
- Safe for all kinds of surfaces
- Some users have found the odor to be too strong
8. Driven Extreme Duty Glass Cleaner, 16 oz Bottle
Driven Extreme is a powerful glass cleaner designed to drive out the very toughest hard water spots, mineral deposits and pollutant from any glass surface, providing you with ultimate protection from nature’s elements.
Amount: 16 fl oz.
- Best for hard water and mineral deposits
- Excellent for all vehicle windshields and glass surfaces
- Not appropriate for quick and light touch ups
- Can scratch glass if not used with care
9. Safelite Auto Glass cleaner
Pros use the best of the best products and Safelite provides them with the best window cleaner for car that you shouldn’t be missing out.
Amount: 19 fl oz.
- Ammonia-free thus safe on tint
- Pleasant scent
- Easy to apply packaging
- It’s too strong for delicate device screens
10. SpotAway Glass /Window Cleaner
SpotAway prides itself in producing an ecofriendly cleaner that won’t harm you, your pets or your surrounding while acting on the toughest spots.
Amount: 64 fl oz.
- Made from 100% natural essential oils
- Effective on multiple surfaces
- US made
- Higher price
How to clean car windows
Quality results are a combination of a product plus procedure. You might be having the best glass cleaner but crude methods of cleaning will leave your vehicle ugly and messed up.
To help you get the way to properly clean your vehicle, here’s our guide on the best way to clean car windows.
Must have items for auto glass cleaning
To maximize the gains of the glass cleaner over water and soap, here are right items to use.
i. The right cleaning towels
When it comes to cleaning your car windows, ditch the old hoods and t-shirts because they will deliver half the cleanliness but leave the glass streaked and scratched. Ensure that you have a microfiber cloth or towel specially made for glass surface cleaning. The towel should be lint free and should electrostatically lift dirt particles off the window surface for easy wiping.
You should also have at least two towels, one for cleaning and the other for buffing. This ensures that dirt is not transferred from one towel to the other, thus finding its way back to the glass surface.
ii. Protective gear
Natural essential oils are safe but if the cleaner is a chemical aerosol, it is recommendable to protect your hands by wearing plastic gloves. It is also advisable to use a face mask in order to protect your lungs from respiratory reactions to the cleaner fumes.
iii. Appropriate glass cleaner
Finally, with all systems set, you need the best glass cleaner, specially made for auto windows. It should be streak-free, and residue-free.
Step 1: Unless you are using a cleaner such as Meguiar’s G8224 that doesn’t evaporate fast, ensure that the car is cool and in a shade for the best results. Direct sun rays accelerate evaporation of the cleaning solution leaving your car with spots and swirl marks.
Step 2: Shake the glass cleaner well before use
Step 3: Spray a reasonable amount of the cleaner onto the microfiber towel. If this is the first time you are using the product, use an edge of the towel to first test a small area of the glass or tint and see the reaction. If safe, residue and streak-free, use the wet cloth to gently apply the cleaner to the glass surface, giving it time to lift up the dirt.
As long as the specific product is safe for direct spray, you can also spray the cleaner directly to the car window while holding the bottle at an arm’s length from the surface to prevent dripping.
Step 4: Buff the surface with the second clean towel.
#While wiping and buffing, it is important to note that you need to avoid circular motions of your hand. The circular pattern creates statics charges thus attracting dust particles. Instead, experts recommend that you clean either the interior or exterior surface in vertical motion and the reverse side in horizontal patterns. This not only helps to reduce streaking, it allows you to easily spot the reverse sections you might have missed.
Car windows and mirrors are exposed to all of the nature’s elements such as dust, rain, bugs, tree sap, bird poop, smoke and so on, and the mess really degrades the class you deserve. The best window cleaner for cars from our review will leave your windscreens clean and truly streak-free.