You’ve not been enjoying crisp clear images on your HDTV because you’ve not upgraded from DVD a blu ray disc player.
What is the difference between bluray and dvd?
Blu ray is an optical disc media format capable of storing HD (720p and 1080p) and UHD (2160p) data, compared to a DVD that stores standard or enhanced definition data (480p-520p).
Blu ray, therefore, produces high-resolution images so clear that it converts your home theatre into a cinema. Blu ray discs can also store more than twice the movie or music content of a standard DVD.
And the cinema experience is not limited to your home. You can get a portable blue ray player and enjoy high-resolution videos while on the go.
The good thing about these blue ray players is that they can play standard DVDs and CDs, so you won’t have to dump your treasured collection just because you’ve upgraded the player.
Without further ado, let see the best portable bluray player in 2022.
Top 5 Best Portable Bluray PlayerBest Portable Bluray Player
Best full HD and Dolby audio format player
Best high end blu ray player
Supports BD Live updates
Best price blueray player
1. NAVISKAUTO 10.1 inch Full HD Portable Blu-Ray DVD Player
NAVISKAUTO is a high definition blu-ray disc player that produces an audio-visual experience so good that you feel like you are at the cinema.
- High-resolution images and audio
- Supports multiple Dolby digital formats
- Supports USB/SD/MMC playback and multiple audio, video and image formats
- HDMI output for TV synchronization
- Automatic NTSC/PAL compatibility
- Relatively higher price
- Remote control buttons on the DVD player are inaccessible when you flip the screen
2. Cutrip 10.1 Inch Portable Blu-Ray DISC/DVD Player
A new kid on the block, Cutrip portable blu-ray player lets you experience out of the world visual quality and countless entertainment options. It is rated Amazon’s choice, evidence of its rising popularity across thousands of customers.
- 270˚ swivel and 180˚ flip
- Full HD clarity
- Last memory function
- Only plays A region (American, East, and Southeast Asia region) bluray DVDs
- Does not support 4k HD upscaling and 2D-3D conversion
- Does not support Wi-Fi or wireless headphones
Blue ray players can play DVD but DVD players cannot play Blue ray. If you are a motorist, click here to see the best portable DVD player for car in 2022.
3. Sony BDPSX910 Sony Portable Blu-ray Player
Sony BDPSX910 is a high resolution best high end blu ray player that gives you stunning videos, music, and images wherever you are and at any viewing angle.
- High-resolution display
- Wireless streaming via DLNA
- Last position resume function
- screen brightness is adjustable and it enhances battery charge hours
- Supports only US media formats
- There is only one headphone jack
4. Azend Group Corp BDP-M1061 Maxmade Portable 10-Inch Blu-Ray DISC/DVD Player
Azend Group Corp BDP-M1061 is a high definition player that lets you enjoy all your bluray discs and DVDs while on road.
- Lightweight and compact
- HDMI port for screen syncing and LAN port for BD live updates
- Rechargeable batteries providing 4.5 charge hours
- One of the best price on blu ray DVD player
- BD live is inaccessible where there is no internet connection
- Some customers have complained about its short battery life
5. Philips PB9011/37 9-Inch 1080p Portable DVD Player
Philips PB9011/37 is the best deal on blu ray player that transforms your car into a mobile cinema with a choice of whatever Blu ray discs, music, movies and images you desire.
- Fast and easy mounting
- Small size and lightweight
- Dual screen for a wider reach
- Best buy blu ray DVD player
- 1 year limited warranty
- Sound clarity may be affected by road noise
Buyer’s guide for portable blu ray player
A portable blue ray player should transform your road trip or outdoor stay from boring to memorable, but you need to know the best rated blu ray player that will fulfill this.
Here’s what to look out for;
Weight and size
Space is limited when you are on the road or when packing for a flight or hotel stay. The video player and screen sizes should be convenient both to your eyes and the storage space or the car headrest. A screen size of 7-10 inches works best for most people. It should also be lightweight.
Battery life and battery storage
If you are outdoors and there is nowhere to plug in your blu ray video player, you would have to halt your entertainment if the device doesn’t have a rechargeable battery. Once fully charged, it should last at least 3 hours, enough to cover a full HD movie uninterrupted.
Multimedia format compatibility
You wouldn’t want to buy a blue ray player only to realize that you have to throw away your DVD collection. Before purchasing, confirm that the device can support multiple DVD and CD formats, as well as USB and/or SD card.
It should also preferably feature in-built up-scaling (HD or 4k UHD) of the lower resolution media formats to give you the clarity of a blu ray disc.
Media playback controls
Customers of some not-so-good portable blue ray video players have complained that they can’t exercise controls such as fast forward, skip, replay and so on. It is therefore important to check whether your targeted blu ray player features these buttons in order to avoid such frustrations.
It should also preferably feature a last position memory function so that you don’t have to restart a video in case you accidentally switch off the device.
The price of blu ray players is yet to normalize and you may want to research until you find something that features most or all of the above features but won’t strain your budget.
A blue ray disc has higher resolution and quality than a DVD or CD player and it will transform your road trip or vacation from boring to one of the most memorable experiences. The best portable bluray players in our review are affordable and are a real value for your money.